The production designer is a key member of our highly energetic creative team at The Garrigan Lyman Group (GLG). You are highly organized, motivated, and experienced in production processes with a sharp eye, acute attention to detail, and a love for the craft of production. As a production designer at GLG, you will work on a wide variety of projects for our clients that can range from website design to application design, online advertising, print advertising, brand guidelines, multipage print projects, and PowerPoint presentations. You will also have the opportunity to bring your own design solutions to projects that you work on from start to finish.
- Works with art directors and designers to design and implement website layouts based on design direction
- Works with art directors and designers to design print advertising layouts based on art direction
- Provides graphic production and optimization of website assets
- Develops website redlines and style guides to communicate the design intention to the development team
- Works with the production director to produce print-ready artwork and prepare for printing
- Works with project managers and the traffic manager to manage multiple production projects for clients and prioritize the workload daily; reports progress of workload deliverables to the traffic manager daily
- Designs and produces assets for new business and PR initiatives for the GLG brand
- Works within and adheres to the agency’s workflow process and server structure
- Presents work to internal agency stakeholders and sometimes presents directly to clients
- Proven excellence in attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Highly motivated self-starter who can self-direct on large tasks
- Experience with implementation and extension of website layouts based on approved designs
- Experience developing website redlines, producing and optimizing website assets using slices
- Experience with prepress, print proofs, and working with vendor specifications
- Able to communicate clearly via email and face-to-face with clients and the internal team regarding project-related milestones
- Familiarity with working with brand style guides and understanding their application on the web
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and PowerPoint required; experience with Sketch, InVision, and HTML5 a plus
- Understanding of standards-based web design and CSS a plus
- Photo and image retouching a plus
Required Education and Experience
This position typically requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited design program as well as three to five years of experience working as an e-production or production designer. Experience working at an interactive design agency on Fortune 1000 brands is a plus.
Online portfolio showcasing print and digital production design is required.